Today let me tell you about the Linzer Lebkuchen Cookies I made yesterday. Remember the Lebkuchen cookie dough from earlier in the week? You know, one dough makes at least two types of cookies…let me present you with part two Linzer Lebkuchen Cookies - their name should be more like Linzer inspired Lebkuchen cookies since I filled them with cherry jam and not raspberry jam since cherry was in the house…Take a look - it seems like this girl (me) finally achieved a cookie that is pleasing to the eye. HA - finally a pretty looking cookie that is also absolutely delicious….
Linzer Lebkuchen Cookies
- 1/2 portion Lebkuchen cookie dough (or the entire recipe)
- 3 Tb your favorite jam - couple of drops of water
- 1 Tb powered sugar for garnish
*** Preheat oven to 375 F - Line baking sheet with parchment paper ***
- Roll out half of the dough and using a Linzer cookie cutter - leaving out the insert - cut out the bottom rounds. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes
- While the bottoms are baking cut out the tops by placing the cut-outs inside of the Linzer cookie cutter. Bake tops for about 10 minutes
- While the bottom and tops cool down, stir jam together with a drop or two of water.
- When cookies are cooled down spread a layer of jam on the bottom cookie then place the top on it.
- Once all cookies are assembled sprinkle with powdered sugar.