Happy Sunday and Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's! Today's #SundaySupper event is
Manfood and is hosted by my friend Susan The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen, be sure to visit her great blog.
When the Manfood #SundaySupper event was first announced I asked Ron what manly meal he would like me to make for him. His answer? Well, yes you guess right Stuffed Pork Chops because I can tell you that my husband really, really loves pork chops and a stuffed pork chop just makes it even better. Now let me share a couple of pictures of Ron and the family with you….
yes, he also loves strawberries, the occasional donut, and beer….
Now let me tell you a little bit about these Stuffed Pork Chops; they are stuffed with mushrooms, shallots as well as some Emmental Swiss Cheese. It was super easy - really, I kid you not - to prepare plus this dish was an absolute hit not only by Ron but also the girls loved it. Serve on a bed of egg noodles, and a side salad….
Stuffed Pork Chops - serves 4
2 C Crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 shallot, diced
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence
3/4 C shredded Emmental Swiss Cheese
1/2 C Panko bread crumbs
4 boneless pork chops, ask your butcher to cut a pocket into each of them
3 tsp Herbs de Provence
3 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Saute crimini mushrooms and shallots with salt, pepper, as well as Herbs de Provence. Once mushrooms and shallots have softened put them into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Place cast iron pan into oven
- Add Panko crumbs, as well as Emmental to the mushrooms and mix well
- Mix Herbs de Provence, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika together
- Rub pork chops generously with the herb, salt, pepper, paprika mixture
- Divide the stuffing into quarters and place a quarter into each pork chop. Lightly press together
- Carefully remove cast iron pan from the oven - be careful not to burn yourself - and place the stuffed pork chops into the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for a total of 20 - 25 minutes. Turn the meat over after 1/2 of the baking time.
Now be sure to check out the amazing spread the rest of the #SundaySupper contributors brought to the table today…
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.