Tonight I am in a pinch, you know a pinch for time and needed a quick dinner. Here it is
again, the picture really does not do it justice but it was really good. Kind of an east-meets-west kind of dish. Wide Udon Noodles, with red lentils, and a side of green salad with shredded carrots in my German style dressing.
Oh yes, and I added Siracha to my plate :)
Udon Noodles with creamy Lentils*
1 medium onion diced
app. 1" fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 can (app. 14 oz.) coconut milk
1 C red lentils
1/2 C water
1 package of wide Udon Noodles
1. in a pot melt the cream of the coconut. When melted,
2. add onions, ginger and coriander. When onions are soft,
3. add lentil, coconut milk (entire can), and app. 1/2 cup of water (or more) bring to a slow simmer until
lentils are soft.
4. Bring water to a boil and cook Udon noodles according to directions
5. In a serving dish mix Udon noodles with the creamy red lentils
So, here is the result from the family - 1 x thumbs up on salad & Udon noodles, and the other girl thumbs down for the Udon noodles, and thumbs up on the salad....
* I do know that lentils are a controversial food in the Galactosemic diet. However, our girls eat all
beans, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Our childrens GALT levels are monitored and they are doing