Monday, May 14, 2012
Sausages with Sherry Caramel Glazed Pears = Tuesday Dinner
Here is the - adapted by switching Earth Balance for the cow butter'- recipe. Original by http://www.newseasonsmarket.com/.
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C sherry vinegar
2. firm ripe Bosc pears, quartered, cored, and (if you want) peeled
Splash of lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Earth Balance or other vegan butter
2-3 large shallots, quartered lengthwise
1/4 tsp salt
App. 1-1/2 lbs. link pork sausage - app. 8 links
1. In a medium pan bring sugar and 1/4 C of water to a boil. Stir frequently until sugar is
dissolved, keep at a boil - keep stirring - until mixture is a deep golden caramel. Then
2. Carefully, add the sherry vinegar. It will STEAM so be very careful. Then remove it from the
heat and stir until caramel is dissolved. Pour into a separate bowl and reserve. Then,
3. Mix the pear spears with lemon juice and set aside. Next,
4. Add earth Balance, 1/4 C of water, and shallots to the pan in which the caramel was made.
Heat until the liquid is evaporated and the shallots brown.
5. Add the pears and continue to cook for app. 6 more minutes. Then,
6. Stir reserved caramel - step 2 - to shallot, pear mixture as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
7. Cook sausages in a different pan.
Serve sausage with the glazes pears, a side f mashed potatoes, and a salad. Enjoy!