Monday, May 7, 2012
Lentil Soup - Linsen Suppe - on a warm spring day
Do you want to hear more about the soup? Yes?! It is super and delicious. Easy to make it vegan - just leave out the Mini Bites.
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- pinch of salt
- 3 carrots cleaned & sliced
- 3 (individual) celery stalks diced
- 1 leek, cleaned and cut into fine rings -> I use the entire leek just not the root :)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- Pepper to taste
- 1 C dried lentils
- 1 small can diced tomatoes & 3 cans of water
- Splash of white Balsamic vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lb of small smoked sausages (always double check the label)
1. Heat Olive Oil, then add onion with a pinch of salt. When onions are soft,
2. add carrots, celery, leek, garlic and Herbs de Provence. When vegetables turn bright in
color, and herbs are flagrant add,
3. Lentils, cannes tomatoes, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Leave at a
Slow simmer for about 30-40 minutes, or until lentils are soft,
4. Add splash of white Balsamic vinegar, and adjust Salt and Pepper to taste. Then
5. Add sausages - if using - and gently heat them in the soup.
Serve with crust bread!