Sunday, April 1, 2012
Gulasch, Salad of Lamb's Lettuce (a.k.a. Ackersalad), and crusty rolls...
Here is my recipe - it was plenty for the four of us. It is easily doubled
- 1 lb stew beef; I like it cut into small chunks
- 2 large onions cut into rings
- splash of olive oil
- 4 Tbl of Paprika; be sure to use fresh, sweet paprika. I like smoked which I buy in bulk in the
herbs and spice section.
- 3 large potatoes peeled, and cut into quarters
- Salt to taste
1. Heat up olive oil and add onions. Sauté until onions are soft. Be careful not to burn them.
2. Add paprika, and meat. When meat is lightly brown add water. Water should be about an inch or a little more over the meat.
3. Cover and bring to a slow simmer. Leave lid on and simmer for about an hour.
4. After an hour, add salt, stir up the Gulasch cover and return to a slow simmer. Simmer for
5. Add potatoes to the Gulasch. The Gulasch is ready to be served when the potatoes are soft.
6. Adjust salt and serve with crust bread.
I also like to add hot paprika to my own plate, Enjoy!