All you need
- splash of olive oil
- cooked pasta
- chopped onion
- Italian herbs, or herbs de provence
- a couple of seeded and chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Tofutti sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Emmenthaler, or Gruyezer or both mixed
1. Heat up the olive oil. Add onions, and herbs.
2. When soft add the ham, and after a couple of minutes add the tomatoes
3. Add the noodles/pasta and sautee on medium heat until thoroughly heated through. Stir it up
frequently to prevent it from sticking to the pan
4. Add sour cream, as well as salt and pepper to taste -> if you stop here you have
Schinkennudeln :) I you would like them baked continue with step 5
5. Preheat oven to 375 F
6. Transfer noodles to one, or several individual baking dish(es).
7. Mix the cheese underneath the noodles, and top each dish with extra cheese on top
8. Bake until golden brown
Serve with a big mixed salad.