|Vanilla-Cherry Streusel Cake|
Here it is - all in metric, but translated into English :)
Crust & Streuesel
150 gr. sugar
200 gr. vegan "butter" cut into smaller pieces - I use Earth Balance
300 gr. flour
2 tsp bakingpowder
1 envelope of vanilla sugar
1 Tbl soy, rice, hemp, milk
1 package vanilla pudding. I used Dr. Oetker organic vanilla pudding mix ->
1 glass of Morello Cherries - I get it at Trader Joe's 24.7oz. in the jar
1. Add all ingredients for crust & streusel into bowl of kitchen machine. Put on low speed until
let it do it's magic until it all ingredients come together into a dough
2. Drain cherries, and reserve about 250 ml. of the juice
3. Pour vanilla pudding mix into pot, add the cherry juice and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Make
sure that you do not get any lumps.
4. Stir in the drained cherries, and remove from flame. Let the mixture cool down.
5. Preheat oven to 392 F (200 C)
6. Use about 2/3 of the dough for the crust of the cake. It is quite sticky - but well worth the effort. I
shaped it to fit - sides up - my springform baking pan.
7. Pour filling onto the dough
8. Top filling with remaining dough. I pulled off smaller pieces, to cover the entire cake.
9. Bake for about 30 minutes until Streusel are golden
P.S.: the cake was adapted from using this original recipe http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1830851296772315/Kirschkuchen.html