1 onion chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
2-3 carrots diced
1 can tomato paste
1 cup - or more of red wine
1 cup - less or more of water
1 lb of ground beef
Pepper, salt, sugar, paprika
Rind of Parmesiano Regiano - you can leave it out
Grated Parmesiano Regianom you can leave it out
Splash of Olive Oil
1. Heat olive oil, and when hot add onions
2. When onions are soft, add Italian herbs, carrots, garlic, and salt
3. When carrots are softer add can of tomato paste and stir it in. Add wine, and water to cover the
4. Brown beef in a separate pan. Season it with salt, pepper, italian herbs, and - optional -
5. Add drained, browned beef to sauce. You may need to add more water at this point.
6. Add cheese rind, a couple pinches of sugar and bring to a slow simmer.
7. Leave it on slow simmer for at least two hours. The sauce should be thick and not watery.
8. When pasta is about ready, adjust spices, and add some grated Parmesiano Regiano.
9. Mix sauce with pasta before serving