A late day, and is there not a better thing to do than bake cookies in the morning? Well, I had actually made the dough a couple days ahead and just pulled it out of the fridge. So that is what we did. We rolled, and shaped crescent cookies. Baked them, and sprinkled them with a vanilla-sugar mixture. Oh, and just in case you wondered - they are completely Galactosemia safe :)
|Alena enjoying the freshly baked cookies...|
Vanillekipferl - Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- 250 gr Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 125 gr. sugar
- Vanilla - a few drops or a package of vanilla sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 gr. vegan "butter"
- 125 gr. finely ground almonds
- Mix flour with baking powder, and sugar.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and margarine cut up in chunks
- put mixture on low - then medium speed
- Add almonds
- mix them into dough until it is one dough
- Wrap dough in ceran wrap and chill for at least an hour
- Roll dough into a long roll
- Cut slices - about 1/4" off the roll
- Roll the slices and form a crescent
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 375 F for about 9-10 minutes
- Once you remove them from the oven sprinkle Vanillekipferl with Vanilla Sugar/Powdered Sugar mixture (1 pack of vanilla sugar to about 50 gr of powdered sugar)
Enjoy! - Oh, and before I forget. This recipe is a perfect tag along for the Zimtsterne. Zimtsterne recipe calls for 3 egg whites, while this one calls for 3 egg yolk - perfect, is it not?