You will need
1-3/4 C Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 Eggs, separated
2 C Soy Milk (or rice, oat, etc.)
4 tablespoons Vegan "Butter" (I use Earth Balance)
3 tablespoons superfine Sugar
- Preheat waffle iron
- Put flour, baking powder, salt into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add egg yolks, Soy Milk and melted Vegan "Butter". Mix it well until you have a smooth batter
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then add sugar and beat again.
- Fold egg whites into the batter
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter into waffle iron. The light of my waffle iron turns green when they are done. Takes about 3 minutes or so.
- Serve them hot - we eat them with more Vegan Butter, and real Maple Syrup.
Adapted from the The Complete Vegetarian Cuisine by Rose Elliot, Pantheon Books, 1996.